Tutti Frutti. A High End Dupe?

22 April 2014


    

I think I have done it ... I think I've found a dupe for my favourite (and most expensive) lipstick of all time. Ever since I first clapped hands on it, my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #15 Corail Intuitive has ranked top of my lipstick collection for me. The packaging, which, okay, a dupe will never be able to beat, the glossy, sheeny wash of colour that it imparts and the flattering coral peach shade have put it above any other lipstick that I own. 

With the rather large price tag, it seemed a bit unrealistic that I was going to be able to add anymore to my collection anytime soon, so I got searching for a dupe. Whether you want to save a little dough, have spares, a cheaper version to carry around with you in the day or try out the formula before investing, this would be perfect for you. In the tube the colours look very similar, with the Revlon one being perhaps a touch brighter. Once swatched, this difference becomes slightly more noticeable, with the Revlon being slightly more opaque and the YSL slightly more glossy, but either can easily achieve the look of the other by blotting or layering up, depending on what you want to go for.

The tone and colour are nearly exactly identical, and after having a look it seems like there may be a couple of other dupes in the range. They both have a fruity scent, although different in each, and incredibly moisturising properties, which makes them perfect for everyday wear. Because of this, I would say that they both have an middlish lasting time of around three hours, which may not sound great, but for a balm type product such as these, I think it really is. 

I think the tie breaker would have to be packaging, and for that the YSL wins hands down, however I do really like the coloured quilted tube of the Revlon and it makes it really easy to find the colour that you are looking for. If it's luxury you are after, go for the YSL, if not, then the Revlon is just as good. Hopefully I'll be stocking up on more of both in the future ... 

Will you try either of these? 




TwitterBloglovinPinterestTumblr

34 comments:

  1. I think I might have to give tutti frutti a try! Great dupe found!
    Just Jeess. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'll definitely have to take a look at both of these products - I'm such a sucker for a peachy pink lip!

    www.talkingaboutm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so similar! That shade is so pretty and I love the idea of trying the dupe first before investing, think I may have to try this soon :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I have Tutti Frutti but I never realised it was such a good dupe for this YSL one!

    Catherine, xo | Lady Liquor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those are super close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the most perfect shades for Spring! Love them both :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both such pretty colours, Revlon is definitely my favourite for lippies!
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw wow! I love both colours but obviously not everyone can afford the YSL brand. I shall for sure be heading to the Revlon counter soon. Lovely post :)
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! Love the color so I'll need to find that lip butter :)

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried either of these but I think I will still be sucker for the YSL packaging.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shades are amazing and perfect for spring :)

    http://glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. They do look similar! I've never tried either of these products, but I might try the Revlon one until the day comes that my budget stretches to YSL! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a good dupe! I love YSL, so this is going to save me money!
    Followed you on bloglovin
    lexi // thelittlebrunette

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I will give this a try because I am a fan of YSL lipsticks, great post ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Revlon lip butters! Tutti frutti is my go to shade, but I'd also recommend Macaroon (and not just for the name). They're less sheer than I thought they would be, but also pretty buildable.

    ellierosewrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not tried either of these, but another similar dupe to the YSL (mid market) is the Clarins lip stains - very similar colour :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  17. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. identical! If you didn't tell us, I wouldn't know which one is which!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup, the packaging is definitely what sells the YSL. And I don't blame people for wanting it- it's gorgeous. I have been wanting to try the Revlon lip butters though so it's nice to hear that they are a bit similar to the YSL ones, if not in quality, at least in color. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like a really good dupe !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm obsessed with the Revlon lip butters, and Tutti Frutti is definitely one of my favourites! Love how it's almost identical to the YSL!:) X

    ReplyDelete
  22. almost!
    thecertifiedlatebloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice photography skills! What camera do you use?
    I love the YSL, the Revlon lip butters are great in color and price but I find that they moisturize my lips as much :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a good dupe and for a brilliant price :)
    I always love your pretty photography! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great find! I love the Revlon lip butters! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photographs and lovely review. YSL are one of my favourites when it comes to lipsticks and glosses.
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow i think you got it! I love dupe posts and trying to guess which swatch is high end before reading the article and I really couldn't tell.

    Shelby
    MONOLID BEAUTY: BIFFSQUIGGLED

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both beautiful shades. The YSL packaging is just so pretty though! :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great find and so much more purse-friendly!x
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need to pick up this Lip Butter, I keep seeing it everywhere and it would be perfect for the summer time.

    Krystal | littlebeauty-bug.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's a fantastic find, well done :) I adore the Revlon Lip Butters, they are probably one of my favourite lip products to wear.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read every single message.
I love people leaving links so I can check out your blogs, but please don't ask me to follow you or follow for follow!
If you leave a nice message, however, I will check out your blog and probably follow you x